A Traineeship/Apprenticeship involves full time work or part time work as School Based Apprentice with an employer who provides an opportunity to learn all aspects of an Automotive Vocation
This is a structured program where on the job learning is combined with off the job Vocational Training.
Some of the benefits of a Traineeship/Apprenticeship are that you can:
- Earn a wage while you train
- Learn on the job skills combined with off the job training
- Receive a nationally recognised qualification on successful completion
- Start a valuable step towards a rewarding career path
- There are various ways of obtaining a job, one is to do a Vocational Education Training course while at School, this shows your desire
- and commitment to your chosen field.
- Then the next step is to do work experience as part of your course, this is the best way of gaining confidence and showing potential
- employers your work ethics and commitment.
- Next is to apply for positions advertised and or apply to various Group Training Companies.
Unique Student Identifier (USI) number
Under the new Regulations VTECH Automotive Training will not be able to train, assess or issue Certificates without a student’s Unique Student Identifier (USI) number. Click here to go to USI website
As of the 1 January 2015 the Federal Government requires that you have a Unique Student Identifier (USI) number, if you are undertaking
nationally recognised training delivered by a registered training organisation.
This includes students who are completing an apprenticeship, unit of competency, skill set, or certificate.
A USI gives you access to your online USI account which is made up of ten numbers and letters. It will look something like this: 3AW88YH9U5.
Your USI account will contain all your nationally recognised training records and results from 1 January 2015 onwards. Your results from 2015 will be
available in your USI account in 2016.
When applying for a job or enrolling in further study, you will often need to provide your training records and results. One of the main benefits of the USI
is that you will have easy access to your training records and results throughout your life
You can access your USI account online from a computer, tablet or smart phone anywhere and anytime.
VTECH Automotive Training values its employees and relationship with our clients. We strive at all times to demonstrate ethical behaviour and standards in all our business
VTECHs' policy dictates a strict adherence to relevant state and federal legislation relating to safety, industrial relations, access and equity.
Students and staff at VTECH Automotive Training have a right to work and study in an environment free from harassment, discrimination or threatening behaviour.
When enrolling at VTECH Automotive Training, students must agree to accept and abide by policies and procedures, follow rules and regulations, and participate in studies as directed by your course / program.
At the commencement of classes or at Induction students can expect to discuss the specific requirements of their program along with the general VTECH Automotive Training rights and responsibilities detailed below.
VTECH will ensure:
- All students and stakeholders are treated with courtesy and respect
- Learning occurs in a supportive and safe environment free from discrimination, harassment and bullying
- Any concerns and complaints are taken seriously and addressed promptly
- Reasonable learning needs are met regardless of gender, disability, ethnicity, age, or mode of study
- Access to counselling and support services are made available to students
- Opportunities are provided for feedback on services and an avenue to participate in decision making that affects the student body.
- Employers are notified if a student is absent or late to trade school
- Student reports are sent to employers as soon as practically possible upon completion of the block to provide information on the students’ progress for that week.
- A weekly phone –up reminder to the employer occurs to confirm the students place in the class for that week.
Students are expected to :
For further information on our Codes of Practice, and Policies and Procedures related to our Registered Training Organisation services, please contact us on 08 8252 1144, or by email at email@example.com or visit our Policies Page Useful links
- treat others with courtesy and respect
- know and observe student polices and procedures
- maintain a high standard of academic integrity in their work
- act in a fashion not likely to be perceived as discrimination, harassment or bullying
- attend classes on time and submit work as required
- complete Skills Record Evidence Book (SREB) in conjunction with VTECH staff , Employer / Host Employer / Structured Workplace Learning Supervisor.
- act in a professional manner during work placements or other forms of practice-based learning activities and respect the confidentiality of information made available as part of that work experience
- respect VTECH property and facilities and not interfere with the performance of staff or the ability of other students to benefit from their studies.
- follow all reasonable instructions from VTECH Staff